Bootcamp: How to Manage Multiple Roles in JD Edwards World
What you need to know to manage Multiple Roles effectively and efficiently
The ability to assign Multiple Roles gives organizations much-needed flexibility as employees take on more responsibilities.
Because this functionality was missing in earlier versions of JD Edwards World, in 2006 Q Software introduced WorldConfig, offering Multiple Roles capability for all versions of World. In 2012, Oracle introduced Multiple Roles in their A9.3 release.
So you now have great tools to help you, but allocating Multiple Roles is quite complex, and it can lead to unforeseen security and Segregation of Duties issues. It can also make it extremely difficult to ascertain who can access sensitive programs and how.
Well-designed Roles enable you to avoid these problems. To achieve that you need to understand how Multiple Roles works and how to set them up correctly.
Watch this educational session to learn:
- Why Multiple Roles make it easier to manage JDE access in both All Doors Open and All Doors Closed environments
- How Multiple Roles work in Q Software and native JDE
- The differences between native JDE and Q Software Multiple Roles
- How to set up Multiple Roles
- with Q Software
- in native JDE A9.3
- How changes to a User’s Role allocations can affect:
- access to sensitive applications
- Segregation of Duties
Watch this complimentary education session now